It has been 7 months since one of our dear customers lost their 13 month old son Alexander on September 21, 2011. He suffered from a severe form of immune deficiency. After a successful Bone Marrow Transplant, he passed due to respiratory complications. During their unexpected journey, Alexander’s life inspired them to bring benefit to others by establishing the BE GREAT Foundation.
California Cozy wants to participate by spreading the word and contributing to their cause. This week, we will be offering 10% off store-wide to customers, and 5% of the total sales will be donated to the BE GREAT Foundation. This offer is valid from Wednesday, April 25th – Sunday, Aprili 29th. Use coupon code BEGREAT a checkout.
Please spread the word about this wonderful foundation in honor of their son Alexander. For more information, please read below.
BE GREAT Foundation
In November 2011 the BE GREAT Foundation was established, an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) public charity in honor of Alexander’s memory to improve the lives and medical outcomes of children with immune deficiency, which affects tens of thousands of children and deprives them of their healthy tomorrows.
Since then the BE GREAT Foundation has:
- Launched the BE GREAT website
- Created the BE GREAT Facebook
- Identified four programs that BE GREAT has begun activity (see below)
- Planned our first event, the BE GREAT Seek & Find Dr. Bear Family Walk on May 19th
BE GREAT is already involved in these four programs:
- Donating Cord Blood Donation Kits to expectant parents to give cord blood to one of the public cord blood banks
- Developing and delivering BMT Family Orientation in-person sessions at Children’s National to help families transition to being “at home” in a hospital setting
- Creating education programs for Fast Track Diagnosis following abnormal newborn screening results for Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID)
California Cozy will be donating 5% of all sales from Monday, April 25rd – Sunday, April 29th. Use coupon code BEGREAT at checkout. Please spread the word about this foundation.